Pages

Monday 2 March 2015

Revive the dying art of Sewing

                                                                                                 Week 9 (Save $9)



I altered the whole dress!
This is a vintage blue dress and this weeks topic is not going to be a world wide debate about what color is the dress.  This weeks topic happen to be a topic on my mind for a long time about whether to invest into a sewing machine or not. 

There are so many model's of sewing machines out in the market today with so many more features compared to the sewing machine I bought many, many years ago. If you want the state of the art sewing machine with all the bells and whistles, is it a worthy investment in the long term? 

I find it handy to have a sewing machine at my convenience when it comes to hemming, alterations, costumes, etc.  Sewing has always been a long time hobby of mine and even with all the skillful sewing techniques I have acquired over the years, I am not that passionate nor have any future plans to manufacture a clothing line.

The retail market is flooded with so many clothing outlets and it’s definitely cheaper to buy a piece of clothing than making it yourself (but then, I find alterations are always required).  If you can find the time and dedication to making something unique from scratch, it is so worth it in the end. 

I personally think it’s a worthy investment to own a sewing machine.  Why not pick up a preloved sewing machine and start upgrading your sewing skills by reviving the dying art of sewing... one stitch at a time!


 
 
What creative projects have you been working on with your sewing machine?
 
 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment